It has been some time since I have written here. Life has been busy. I started the next episode a few days ago (it will be about moving back to Jeromeville into Las Casas apartment #124, on the weekend of September 2 & 3, 1995). But I’ve had so many other things going on that I haven’t taken the time to sit down and really write.
I did get tagged in blog awards twice over the last couple weeks. For you non-bloggers, a blog award is where you answer questions about yourself and nominate the authors of your favorite blogs to answer the same questions.
The first time I got tagged in one of those as this blog, I incorporated it into a regular story. Blogs and blog awards didn’t exist in 1995, so I pretended it was a chain email that some girl I talked to on IRC sent me. But I have been tagged several other times, and I don’t want to spend my storytelling words just writing about answering emails. So I stopped doing posts about blog awards, although if I was specifically tagged I would always answer in a reply to that person’s post. Also, when I have answered blog award posts in the past, I usually answer “in character” as 1995 Greg, answering as I would have answered in 1995. However, I’m going to start asking specifically if the person who tagged me wants me to answer as 1995 Greg or as adult Greg. Also, most of the names of people and places have been changed in my blog, so I will use those pseudonyms in the answers to my questions when applicable.
I’m going to try interrupting my usual story every few months for a post specifically to answer questions I get in blog awards and other things like that. But I probably won’t be nominating people to do the awards. I always feel a little self-conscious about that (because of an incident I explained in the story where I answered blog award questions before). I know that that kind of takes away part of the blog award experience, since I don’t get to share other blogs, but I will at least share the link of the blog that nominated me.
Bekah (owlservejesus.wordpress.com/) nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award (thank you!)
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger gave to you
- Nominate four bloggers who deserve the award
- Create 10 original questions for the nominees to answer
- Let them know they’ve been nominated
Bekah’s questions for me: (I am answering in character, it is August 1995)
1. What is you favorite book to read?
Hmm… I don’t know, I’m not usually one to read a book more than once… I’ve been reading a lot of Stephen King lately.
2. Do you have any allergies?
Not that I know of.
3. Spring or fall?
Fall, but I prefer summer to both of those
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What sport do you play?
I don’t. My brother got all the sports talent in our family.
6. Prefer the City or country?
City, but I’m more used to small cities than big cities.
7. What would be your dream pet to have?
Hmm……. I grew up with cats, I can’t really see myself having any other pets… I don’t think I’m going to get a pet for a while, though
8. Favorite veggie?
9. Hot cocoa, tea or coffee?
10. Favorite fruit?
Lydia (inhisserviceandlovingit.wordpress.com) nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you!
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigmas, but the link I had didn’t work)
- Answers the five questions you were asked
- Tell the readers three things about yourself
- Nominate ten to twenty bloggers
- Notify the bloggers (tell them you nominated them) by commenting on one of their posts
- Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one
- Share a link to your best posts
Lydia asked for my answers as an adult.
Three things about myself:
- I attend a church that has a total of nine people right now.
- I’ve been to all of the lower 48 states in the USA, but I haven’t been to Alaska or Hawaii. (And for the record, 1995 Greg has only been to four.)
- The longest I have ever stayed awake in one stretch was around 42 hours (but sadly, it’s because of stress and insomnia, not some great epic adventure).
1. Do you prefer solid color clothes or a pattern?
I have no fashion sense as it is… I tend to prefer solid colors, but I have a lot of stripes too. I guess it depends on what the pattern is. And if I’m not dressed for work, I prefer shirts with pictures and words and favorite sports team logos and stuff like that.
2. What are your 3 favorite things you do every day?
Breathe, eat, and sleep.
3. How often do you post on your blog?
I don’t keep a schedule, and I don’t stress about it anymore. I post when I’m ready and when I’m done writing something.
4. When you handwrite, do you write in cursive or print?
5. When was the last time you ate bacon?
About a week ago. I had breakfast for lunch. I made bacon and waffles.
My best blog posts:
… that’s a tough one.
The one about the time I was sleeping and my friends woke me up (part 1, part 2) is a memorable one, because that was an important event in my life that led to other important things I haven’t written about yet.
The one about my last day of freshman year was good in a bittersweet way. My mom said she got teary-eyed.
And I always enjoy telling the story of the time we played Sardines in the Death Star building.
It’s hard to narrow it down, though… so many of these stories mean so much to me.
I nominate whoever wants to do these.
My five questions for the Real Neat Blog Award:
1. What is your reason behind blogging?
2. How did you choose your blog’s name?
3. If you could live anywhere else, and money and immigration laws were no object, where would that be?
4. What is something you’re a fan of, but a little embarrassed to admit?
5. Tell me a funny story involving farts.
My ten questions for the Mystery Blogger Award:
1-5. The same ones as the Real Neat Blog Award
6. Tell about something that most people you know like but you don’t like?
7. What technological advancement of your lifetime do you wish had never happened?
8. What is a food that you really like to eat but hate to prepare (or go through whatever you need to do or wherever you need to go to get this food)?
9. Tell me about the weirdest thing you’ve ever been invited to do by a friend.
10. Are you typing your answer on a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone, or other?
I apologize if anyone else tagged me for something that I did not include here.
While we’re at it, let’s make this a question and answer post too… feel free to ask me any question you want, questions for 1995 Greg, questions for adult Greg, questions about blogging or life in 1995 or whatever. I won’t make a separate post for that, but I will reply to comments here.
And stay tuned… in the next few days, I will finish the next actual episode, I promise.