- Greg Dennison: That’s me. I’m a student at the University of Jeromeville, in the western USA. I grew up in Plumdale, about 150 miles away.
- Mark Dennison (-6): Greg’s younger brother.
- Mr. and Mrs. Dennison: Greg’s parents.
Interdisciplinary Honors Program/Building C students:
- Amy (+1): RA who lives on the third floor.
- Bok: Real name is Heather Beck. She lives on the first floor. She and Skeeter like to paint and listen to weird music.
- Caroline: Lives near Greg on the second floor, in a four-person room. Danielle is one of her roommates. Caroline was born in Australia.
- Charlie: Lives on the second floor. Patrick is his roommate.
- Danielle: Lives near Greg in a four-person room. Caroline is one of her roommates. Danielle is in the UJ choir and goes to Catholic mass at the Newman Center with Greg.
- Gurpreet (+1): RA who lives on the second floor.
- Liz Williams: Lives near Greg and often talks to him. Ramon’s girlfriend.
- Karen Francis: Lives on the third floor. She is two years younger than everyone else in the building because she graduated from high school early. Patrick’s girlfriend.
- Krista Curtis: Lives on the first floor.
- Mike Adams: Loud, but friendly. He lives on the opposite side of Greg’s floor, and he has a girlfriend named Kim who lives in the North Area. Mike’s roommate is Ian.
- Patrick Hart: Lives at the other end of Greg’s floor. He has a twin brother named Nate who lives in the North Area. Charlie’s roommate. Karen’s boyfriend.
- Pete Green: Lives on the first floor. Pete likes board games. His roommate is Jonathan.
- Ramon Quintero: Liz’s boyfriend. Lives on the third floor.
- Rebekah Tyler: Lives in a four-person room on the third floor with Tracy and two other girls. She was in the same math class as Greg for his first quarter at UJ.
- Sarah Winters: Lives in a four-person room on the first floor. Greg guessed where she was from by the highways in her hometown. Cathy and Phuong are her roommates.
- Skeeter: Lives on the third floor. Her real name is Jennifer. She likes to paint and listen to weird music. Gina is her roommate, and the two of them are nearly polar opposites but get along well.
- Taylor Santiago: Lives on the third floor. He likes board games and watching sports. Roommate is David.
First floor: Cathy, Jennifer, Jonathan, Phuong, Spencer Grant
Second floor: Aaron, Ian, Jason, Kathleen, Keith, Mike Potts
Third floor: Brendan Lowe, Dan Woodward, David, Derek Olvera, Gina Stalteri, Jared, Schuyler Jenkins, Stephanie, Tracy Lee, Yu Cheng
UJ staff and faculty
- Jimmy Best: Greg’s math instructor fall 1994. Jimmy is working on a Ph.D. in math.
- Shelley Bryce: Greg’s math instructor winter 1994, also a graduate student in math.
- Dr. Collins: Instructor for physics.
- Dr. Kemp: Instructor for an IHP class called Psychology and the Law.
- Dr. Nancy McGillicuddy: Director of the IHP.
- Linda Roberts: Works with outreach to high achieving students.
Other UJ students:
- Andrea Briggs: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. She lives in Building B.
- Jack Chalmers: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. He lives in Building F.
- Jeanette: Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends. She lives in building M.
- Kim: See Mike Adams (above, IHP section).
- Megan McCauley (+1): RA in Building K who is always friendly to Greg. She was his first older friend other than his own building’s RAs.
- Mike From Building J: Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends.
- Nathaniel “Nate” Hart: See Patrick (above, IHP section).
- Tabitha: Lives in Building B. Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends.
- Tiffany: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. She lives in Building K.
Friends from Plumdale:
- Annie Gambrell (-2): A student who was in a presentation that Greg filmed for a video production class. She has an older brother at UJ.
- Anthony: Renee’s boyfriend. He moved to Ohio for school.
- Catherine Yaras: A friend from Greg’s graduating class who spent senior year in Austria as an exchange student.
- Jessica Halloran: A friend from Greg’s graduating class who decided to take time off after graduation and work in an orphanage in Guatemala. She has a younger sister named Jamie (-3) and other younger siblings who Greg does not know.
- Melissa Holmes: Greg’s crush from the later part of high school. They had a lot of classes together. She goes to school in San Angelo and lives with family.
- Rachel Copeland (-1): A student who dated one of Greg’s friends (Paul) and has a lot of friends in Greg’s class.
- Renee Robertson: Greg’s prom date. They had several classes together. She goes to Valle Luna State.
- Others: Allison LaPierre, Jackie Bordeaux, Jason Lambert, Jennifer Henson, Ken Haley, Kevin, Kim Jensen, Lisa Swan, Paul Dickinson, Sandra Soto (-1)