I got tagged in another Hoppy Tales post. If you are new to this site and you expected stories about being a university student in the 1990s, scroll down, or go here to read from the beginning. If you are a regular reader and are waiting to hear about my spring 1995 finals week, that post will be coming later today or tomorrow. :)
Hoppy Tales is a special story tag co-created by three bloggers namely, Jenny from ofprogressandpurpose.com , Kathy at knj.home.blog , and Byagyashree from inkandthoughts.com !
Just as there are five parts in a traditional plot structure, we will have:
- An Introduction
- A Problem
- A Climax
- A Resolution
- A Conclusion
Original Image can be found here at: storyboardthat.com
You will be tagged to complete one of these five elements, along with given a theme (such as: beauty of simplicity, comedy, overcoming fear, love and romance, youth and beauty, coming of age, circle of life, friendship, empowerment).
- Provide a link back to the creators (Of Progress and Purpose, KNJ Snippets & Tales, and Ink and Thoughts) so that we can see what you write!
- Share “The Tag” and “The Rules” to help eliminate confusion.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their portion of the story.
- Write your element with 3-4 days and try to keep it to around 50-60 words.
- Choose one or more persons to continue the story and assign them a theme.
- You may wish to let them know ahead of time in the comments, so that they can opt out if they don’t want to participate.
- If you write a conclusion, whoever you tag will start a new story of their own.
- If you tag more than one person, your readers will be able to choose their own adventure!
- Have fun with it! You are all so creative and inspiring, We can’t wait!
Let the fun ride begin…
An Introduction- Betul Erbasi
The walk in the streets felt different. The streets looked different. Everything was brighter and fresher. She could not help a smile on her face. She said ‘Hi!’ to everyone that passed by.
After all that struggle, she had finally got what she wanted. She felt that satisfaction even more as she approached her office. She looked forward to giving the news to her colleagues.
A Problem – Bhagyashree
As Olivia approached the familiar stairwell leading to her office, her footsteps faltered, having seen something she’d been evading her entire life. A shadow lurking around in the dark had finally emerged in broad daylight, but this time, to settle old scores.
The good news lay buried beneath the shrieking yelps escaping from her nearly blue lips, before everything went pitch black.
A Climax – Greg
Olivia awoke at the bottom of the stairs outside her office. Olivia had not seen her father up close in twenty years, since she was a girl and her mother grew tired of the abuse, but he had finally found her. As he pushed her into a car, Olivia saw her coworker watching. She knew what she had to do.
My theme was “Thriller”; I wanted to make it about Michael Jackson, naturally, but I couldn’t really make that fit the story. Next, I have been asked to tag Shantanu from https://ckonfab.com, and I’ll choose overcoming fear as the theme. I’ll post a link to the finished product when we get there.