Every year, I make new friends, and I grow apart from others. This list had already gotten long by the time my story got to the beginning of sophomore year, and I made a lot of new friends that year. Also, as time went on, I sometimes learned things about people, and the nature of my relationship to them changed. If someone were to read my story from the beginning, reading the dramatis personae from the perspective of more recent episodes might contain spoilers.
So, whenever I get to the best possible stopping point between school years, I’m going to archive each year’s dramatis personae. People who aren’t part of my story anymore don’t have to be on the list if someone is looking for a character from a recent episode. If you are reading this from the beginning, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN because of possible spoilers; instead, click on the link below for the dramatis personae for the date that you are currently reading. And if you are reading a recent episode, just scroll down.
Year 2 (9/1995 – )
Numbers in parentheses refer to the difference in school year compared to Greg. For example, when Greg is a freshman, Amy (+1) is one grade older, a sophomore, and and Mark (-6) is six years younger, in 7th grade.
Some characters who are not a major part of the story are not listed, and last names are not always given if they are not mentioned in the story. This list will be updated as necessary.
- Greg Dennison: That’s me. I’m a student at the University of Jeromeville, in the western USA. I grew up in Plumdale, about 150 miles away.
- Mark Dennison (-6): Greg’s younger brother.
- Harold and Peggy Dennison: Greg’s parents.
- Miranda Lusk (-5): Greg’s cousin, Rick’s sister. Miranda’s mom and Peggy are sisters.
- Rick Lusk (-2): Greg’s cousin, Miranda’s brother. Rick’s mom and Peggy are sisters.
University of Jeromeville students:
* indicates students who attend Jeromeville Christian Fellowship. ^ indicates students who were in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program with Greg (and also in Greg’s dorm).
- *Andrea Briggs: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. She lives in Building B.
- ^Bok: Real name is Heather Beck. She and Skeeter like to paint and listen to weird music. Currently shares an apartment with Danielle, Skeeter, and Theresa.
- ^*Caroline Pearson: Currently Liz’s roommate, upstairs from Jason and Ramon. Caroline was born in Australia.
- ^*Charlie: Lives in an apartment with Taylor and Pete.
- ^Danielle Coronado: Lives near Greg in a four-person room. Caroline is one of her roommates. Danielle is in the UJ choir and goes to Catholic mass at the Newman Center with Greg.
- Jack Chalmers: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. He lives in Building F.
- ^*Jason Costello: Lived next door to Greg. Now Ramon’s roommate on Hampton Drive. Liz and Caroline live upstairs.
- *Jeanette: Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends. She lives in building M.
- ^*Liz Williams: Lives near Greg and often talks to him. Ramon’s girlfriend.
- ^*Krista Curtis: Lives with Sarah.
- Megan McCauley (+1): RA in Building K who is always friendly to Greg. She was his first older friend other than his own building’s RAs.
- *Mike From Building J: Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends.
- ^*Pete Green: Lives with Taylor and Charlie. Pete likes board games.
- ^*Ramon Quintero: Liz’s boyfriend. Lives in an apartment with Jason, downstairs from Caroline and Liz.
- ^Rebekah Tyler: She was in the same math class as Greg for his first quarter at UJ.
- ^*Sarah Winters: Lives with Krista. Greg guessed where she was from by the highways in her hometown.
- ^Skeeter: Lives with Danielle, Theresa, and Bok. Her real name is Jennifer. She likes to paint and listen to weird music.
- *Tabitha: Lives in Building B. Attends Jeromeville Christian Fellowship with some of Greg’s friends.
- ^*Taylor Santiago: Lives with Pete and Charlie.
- ^Theresa: Lives with Bok, Skeeter, and Danielle.
- Tiffany Rollins: A student who has math classes with Greg sometimes. Megan was her RA freshman year.
UJ staff and faculty
- Dr. Collins: Instructor for physics.
- Dr. Nancy McGillicuddy: Director of the IHP.
Friends from Plumdale:
- Annie Gambrell (-2): A student who was in a presentation that Greg filmed for a video production class. She has an older brother at UJ.
- Anthony: Renee’s boyfriend. He moved to Ohio for school.
- Catherine Yaras: A friend from Greg’s graduating class who spent senior year in Austria as an exchange student.
- Jessica Halloran: A friend from Greg’s graduating class who decided to take time off after graduation and work in an orphanage in Guatemala. She has a younger sister named Jamie (-3) and other younger siblings who Greg does not know.
- Melissa Holmes: Greg’s crush from the later part of high school. They had a lot of classes together. She goes to school in San Angelo and lives with family.
- Rachel Copeland (-1): A student who dated one of Greg’s friends (Paul) and has a lot of friends in Greg’s class.
- Renee Robertson: Greg’s prom date. They had several classes together. She goes to Valle Luna State.
- Others: Allison LaPierre, Carol Allen (teacher, +28), Jackie Bordeaux, Jason Lambert, Jennifer Henson, Ken Haley, Kevin Lee, Kim Jensen, Lisa Swan, Paul Dickinson, Rachelle Benedetti, Sandra Soto (-1)